JOY FM Joy Ride

I'm a bit late in my post but about 2 weeks ago my sister and I embarked on the 2nd Annual JOY FM (97.7fm) Joy Ride for Women 18 and over. We along with 40 women on our nice chartered bus with Bob the bus driver.




We left on Thursday around 3pm and headed to Nashville, TN.


We stayed at the Embassy Suite hotel in Vanderbilt...it was SUPERB! Friday morning we went to a 9am mini concert with Brandon Heath (who's real last name is Knell - future trivia answer :). He was really nice - here are some pics





Then we had lunch at the Loveless Cafe...what a cute and fun place. The food was SUPER yummy!!!



Here's Jesus watching over me while we're eating...I SO appreciate that!!! :)



Then we headed to Steven Curtis Chapman's foundation "Show Hope". It was really nice to hear all the good things going on for them with Maria's Big House. Thank you JOY FM & Show Hope for the Free T-shirts...AWESOME!



After some fun shopping at the Factory where Show Hope is located we went to EMI Recording studio which is owned by Toby Mac. Here I am holding a Dove Award that Toby won...TOO cool!!!



How about a little line dancing??? The Wild Horse Saloon was technically "closed" except to our group who had a buffet dinner and private line dancing lessons...so much fun!!!



Last on the agenda for the day...Britt Nicole...WOW - she was AWESOME!!! And she blessed us with her NEW Cd...woo hoo!!!



Love ya Britt...you rock girl and I appreciate the talk you had with me!!!



After we got back to the hotel 22 of us took a walk to Ben and Jerry's where JOY FM surprised us by blessing us with ice cream...this trip just gets better and better!

On Saturday morning we had breakfast & a mini concert/devotion time with Caleb & Will Chapman...it was good!





Thanks so much JOY FM...it was worth the cost...my sister and I had a blast and hope we get to go again next year!!!

Comments

Mamita J said…
Fun! Fun! I wonder if you met my friend Lindsey Wheeler from Show Hope. She blogged about being blessed by a bunch of moms from STL. I didn't know you were in the group! Her little girl and mine came home about the same time from the same agency.

Love,
Julie

PS: Still need to talk blog makeover over here...when I get some free time.
Looks like you all had a good time. Wish I couldn't have joined!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bloggy Tour of Homes

Happy Mother's Day

A Little Snow Day Organizing...