These men have set themselves up as kings and have forgotten they are priests. Some of those areas are in their personal life.
1 peter 2:1-10; 2 sam 8:10-18
Bring a sacrifice of praise, when all hell breaks out in ur life you go before God letting him know you love him, you won't turn from you, etc. Sacrifice your obedience to him, deny self, etc.
A king takes for himself, they expect to get what they want when they want it, they do not submit but expect everyone to submit to them, they do not serve but expect everyone to serve them.
Have u set urself up as a king instead of living like a priest?
1) do u negotiate with God? (borders in ur life? You can go this far in me but no further, etc)
2) do u negotiate laws of thought or action with God in ur life? (laws of unforgiveness, what will b right or wrong in my life)
3) do u negotiate with God services that are provided? (u give me this, i'll give u that, etc)
4) do u worry about saving face (still have pride) with God? (a spat w ur spouse, when u don't apologize and God begins to deal with u, then u begin to try to figure out how u can save face without humbling ourselves before God.)
5) do u treat God with the utmost holy respect? (do u walk before God in humility or treating him like he's ur equal? Or like a priest willing to serve him?)
6) when u read the word of God do u take it as a command or just as a suggestion? (be holy because i am holy, forgive because i say to)
Are u set up as a king or a priest???
*NUGGETS are my own views on things I'm learning, going through or hearing on TV or in front of my pastor or that I just want to share.