Aluminum Foil…in the Dryer??? - UPDATE - IT DOESN"T WORK!

UPDATE - I don't feel this worked for us so I went back to dryer sheets!!!

Just ran out of Bounce Dryer sheets and had 1 load to go. Because I ’m too lazy broke my fibula, it’s hurting and I don’t feel like running to the store at 8:30pm…I took matters into my own hands by scouring the internet to see if I could find an alternative so our clothes wouldn’t be all full of static and such.

Low and behold there was a RAVING write up on using aluminum foil rolled up in a 2-3” tight ball in the place of a dryer sheet.

I was tickled pink since I had a roll of aluminum foil that had unfortunately gone haywire and was driving me crazy cause it would no longer tear off right…ugh.

IMG_1738

Double ugh that foil made me so blasted mad when it happened. It seemed I could never get it to straighten back out right either. I didn’t want to throw it away but it has been NO use to me for the better part of a year.

Now I had the PERFECT solution…even if it came off in small pieces…

IMG_1739

it would still work in my tight ball so I just started tearing and wadding…

IMG_1740

Good news is…it doesn’t have to be pretty, or perfect, or anything like that. And thankfully, the more I unrolled and tore…it FINALLY straightened itself back up..YIPPEE!!!

IMG_1741

IMG_1742

I stopped at the point when I was able to get my roll back in the order it was suppose to be in…STRAIGHT that is. And was able to make (1) 2 inch ball and (1) 3 inch ball with what I had tore off. This is PERFECT since the reports online say you can use 2 aluminum balls if you have a large load like comforters and things. I’m super excited to see how this works and so looking forward to NOT buying dryer sheets again. I should be able to use the SAME ball for 6 months so the two that I have should last me ALL of next year…WOO HOO!

IMG_1743IMG_1744

My laundry just finished and while there was ‘some’ static sounds when I was taking things out of the dryer…it appears to be the same as what I had when I took the laundry out with the Bounce Dryer sheets so to me…I’ll keep using it and will post later if I return to back to my dryer sheets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloggy Tour of Homes

The Run…It’s Done!!!

A Little Snow Day Organizing...