Praying for Our Kids

Last week I was blessed with the opportunity to watch an adorable little brightly red-headed boy who is just the cutest thing. The last day I had him I felt compelled to pray for/over him, his life and his future spouse. Kind of weird since he wasn't even my child but I went ahead and prayed away...this reminded me that it has been a while since I've spent time in prayer praying for my own kids' futures & their future spouses. I oft times pray for them daily and what they are going through...focusing on the "here and now" but sometimes fail to cover their future...which I use to pray about ALL time.

This next year is the beginning of many new things for me and my kids. My 21 year old son has recently been sworn into the U.S. Air Force...this makes me so proud and so sad (that he's no longer my little boy) all at the same time.

Our 11 year old Beautiful One is maturing into such a beautiful young lady whom I am trying to stear the right way with keeping tabs on who she becomes good friends with, modesty and covering the facts of life stuff.

With the loss of my husband's daughter towards the beginning of this year, I'm realizing how precious life with our kids really is.

I hope putting these prayers out there might also give you a place to start praying for your children's futures & their future spouses.

(taken from Google Images)


Taken from Dannah Gresh's "Six Ways to Keep the Little in your Little Girl" & from Fern Nichols from "Mom's In Touch International":

God I ask that my children would NOT be "unequally yoked" with an unbeliever according to 2 Cor. 6:14. That their future spouses would love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength, and that they love their neighbor as themselves like you command in Matthew 22:37-38. I pray Lord God that you would prepare the future wive's heart to be a 'helpmate' to the husband and that her husband would 'love her just as Christ loved the church' accoring to Ephesians 5:22-23. And that together they would serve and bring glory to the Lord (as for them and their household, they would serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15).

In the busy-ness of life these days...Don't forget to
(taken from Google Images)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloggy Tour of Homes

Happy Mother's Day

Stop the Religious Fashion Show