Being a Stay At Home Mom Missionary

The other day I happened upon a site that talked about being a "Stay at Home Missionary"(Reaching the World for Christ beginning in the home)...it really got me to thinking. I've been struggling these days/weeks/months with being home and with homeschooling. I love it and all but for some reason I've really been struggling with it all. I'm not sure what's going on.

A few months ago the Lord quickened my spirit and told me to "Stand Firm" in what he's called us to do...I guess he was forwarning me as he knew I was going to have these thoughts.

Last night at church, I sat in with the kids and listened to each of them talk about school and what they are doing and the classes they get to pick from for next year, etc...All I could think of is our daughter who doesn't do all of that school stuff but WHY in the world am I feeling that way...we have lots of opportunities and get to do all kinds of fun things too.

Why do I feel like this job that the Lord has given me isn't enough...I mean the God who created the entire universe has commanded me to stay at home and homeschool...why can't that be E N O U G H for me??? I know that I Know, that I KNOW this is where God wants me to be and this is what He wants me doing right now. There could be NO greater job as a mother that I could have besides doing this...it is true...I am a "Stay at Home Missionary"...these kids are my mission field. Loving them, spending time with them, sharing with them, ministering to them and teaching them should be my greatest joy!

Joyce's message this morning played right into what I'm going through so I thought I'd put it out there for anyone else who may be questioning...

Radical obedience = just start with the little things that God speaks to you.

Don't quit because things become difficult. Stick with something even when it's not comfortable for you. John 21:17-18 i'm being carried to where i do not want to go.

Do you love me? If you love me, you will obey me. God loves us and wants us to respond to whatever he wants us to do. God your will will be done and not mine, i set my mind that even if it's not comfortable, even if i have to suffer, i'm going to do it your way.

So many people pay the price of spiritual discomfort to have the comforts of the flesh or to have fleshly comfort.

There's nothing worse than going to bed at night knowing you did not obey God.

It's time to get radical in your obedience to God. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. It's time to stop looking around at others and being jealous at what they have got.

It's time to be obedient to God in whatever he has called you to.

*NUGGETS are my own views on things I'm learning, going through or hearing on TV or in front of my pastor or that I just want to share.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very good post.......I go through the same thing. Keep fighting the good fight. "Let us not become weary in doing good"

Popular posts from this blog

Bloggy Tour of Homes

Happy Mother's Day

A Little Snow Day Organizing...