It's time to Begin Getting Prepared

*borrowed from google images

Most that I talk to think it's crazy that we are beginning to prepare. For some reason, they tend to think that God doesn't call us to prepare. That if we're living for Him, he will take care of us. There's NO doubt that God is in control of what is going on in our country and in our lives but I believe that God DOES call us to prepare for things.

In the Bible he called Joseph to store up and prepare for the famine that was coming. He spoke about the 10 virgins and how 5 of them were unprepared. I believe at least for me and my family that God is calling us to get "prepared".

It's no different than having car insurance...you pray you never have to use it but just in case you EVER do...it's there.

There is an AWESOME post written over at New Life on a Homestead's blog and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to share it with you.

Check it out and hopefully you can begin doing something for your family to prepare for whatever your future holds.

Comments

Thank you Kim, for sharing this! I really think it's our responsibility as Christians to spread this conviction, and help others begin preparing too. You are SO right. The Lord didn't tell Joseph that there would be a famine, but not to worry 'cause He would provide throughout. No, He instead warned Joseph to begin preparing himself. THAT is how He provides for us... by showing us we need to be prepared. And I truly believe the Lord is calling us to do the same.
Paper Blessings said…
Kim, I've seen this discussion explode all over the internet, and it can cause some heated debate among the faithful community.

But I would like to caution everyone to remember that we are unique and we have purposes to fulfill in our lives that no one else does. God knows what He wants us to do and why. We each need to pray and seek God and remember to pray for those about us that they discover God's will and direction as well--even when it comes to prepping or not. Now, this is just me rambling, but I have also wondered if some of this plays into our weaknesses. Maybe in some (not all) cases it's a faith or obedience issue. Those who need stronger faith may feel the need to cling to God. And, those who need work in obedience might be told to prepare to help work out and refine that obedience. Again, just random thinking.

On a more personal note, I agree with you in that I feel called to prepare to "feed them" literally. I feel (in my case) that everything here is His anyway and so it's up to Him what to do with it. For the past few years I've known that I need to do this. Prepare for the worst, pray for the best and know that no matter what appears to be happening around me, He is in control.

Tam

Popular posts from this blog

Bloggy Tour of Homes

Happy Mother's Day

A Little Snow Day Organizing...